Updated On by
Apple iPhone XS comes with a 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display. It has a stainless steel metal frame, dual 12MP rear cameras, 4GB of RAM and 512GB internal storage space. The iPhone XS has the new Apple A12 Bionic chipset. This phone comes with e-SIM technology. An E-SIM is basically a non-removable electronic SIM card that replaces the physical (plastic) SIM cards everyone is used to. You can only change from one operator to another using software. The XS features a 7MP front camera.
Apple iPhone XS Price In Kenya
The Key Features Of The XS
- 5.8-inch display, 1125 pixels x 2436 pixels resolution
- OS: iOS 12
- Hexa Core processor, Apple A12 Bionic chipset
- 4GB RAM
- 64/256/512GB internal storage, MicroSD card not supported
- Back camera: Dual: 12MP ( f/1.8, OIS, PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, OIS, PDAF, 2X Optical Zoom), Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama), 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps video recording & stereo sound recording
- Front camera: 7MP, f/2.2, HDR, 1080p@60fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB 2.0, NFC
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, proximity, compass, gyroscope, barometer
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 2648mAh Li-Ion battery
Pros & Cons
- 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display – The display has an impressive 1125p resolution which gives it sharp 458ppi density. This Super AMOLED has good brightness with no shadows.
- 4GB of RAM – This is a lot of RAM that makes this phone capable of running several apps simultaneously without slowing down or lagging.
- Different storage options – The unit is available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB internal storage options. This allows you to go for the storage option that suits your needs and budget.
- 4G network connectivity – The phone can connect to 4G network bands available in Kenya. With the XS. you will always enjoy fast internet connection.
- Hi-resolution cameras – The iPhone XS packs dual 12MP cameras accompanied by Quad-LED flash. This phone can capture 4K videos. The 7MP front camera has f/2.2 aperture and can take FHD videos.
- eSIM technology – This is an embedded electronic SIM that is not removable. This allows the user to use two different networks- one through the e-SIM and the other on the nano-SIM slot provided.
- Premium body design – It is an ultra-thin 7.7mm phone that is designed with a stainless steel frame and glass back and front.
- Water & dust resistance – The phone is IP68 rated. It cannot be damaged easily by water or dust.
- Face ID scanner – This scanner is faster and more reliable than the scanner on the iPhone X.
- Bluetooth v5.0 – You can connect to Airpods and to other phones. You can share files or your phone’s internet connection through Bluetooth.
- Hexa-core processor – These are 6 different processing units that enable fast multitasking.
- Powered by Apple A12 Bionic chipset – This is the first ever 7nm chipset and it is considered the smartest and most powerful chipset at the time of the release of the iPhone XS.
- GPS enabled – This enables you to track other devices, get directions and navigation routes.
- Wi-Fi support – This phone has an inbuilt adapter that lets the user connect to nearby Wi-Fi networks. You can also create a Wi-Fi hotspot that other nearby devices can use to access the internet.
- Fast charging technology – This technology allows you to get a 50% refill in half an hour.
- The phone comes with a heavy price tag. It is more expensive than many Android flagships.
- No microSD slot.
- There is no 3.5mm jack.
- The battery is embedded within the phone’s internals. You risk damaging the phone if you try to remove the battery.
- No FM radio.
Apple iPhone XS Specifications
|Dimensions||143.6mm x 70.9mm x 7.7mm|
|Body Material||stainless steel frame, glass front/back|
|SIM||Nano SIM & e-SIM|
|Extras||IP68 certified: water & dust resistance|
Water resistance(up to 2 meter for 30 minutes)
|Size||5.8 inches (82.9% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Super AMOLED, capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors|
|Resolution||1125 pixels x 2436 pixels (458PPI), 19.9:9 aspect ratio (458PPI)|
|Protection||Oleophobic coating, scratch-resistant glass|
|Operating System||iOS 12|
|Chipset||Apple A12 Bionic|
|GPU||Apple GPU (4-Core graphics)|
|Micro SD Slot||No|
|Back||Dual 12 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.8 28mm, f/2.4 52mm, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, OIS, phase detection, quad-LED dual-tone flash, touch focus, face/smile detection, geo-tagging, HDR (panorama/photo), simultaneous 4K video recording & 8MP image recording, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps & 2160p@24/30/60fps video recording|
|Features||f/2.2, face detection, HDR, panorama, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|USB||v2.0, proprietary-reversible connector|
|Music play time||-|