Huawei Mate 20 is one of the four Mate Series smartphones that were released in October 2018. All of them come with new and exciting features. The Mate 20 features a 6.53 inch FHD display with curved edges and a tiny notch that give it a unique look. This phone runs on Android Pie and is powered by Kirin 980 chipset. This phone has a triple camera set-up with a square signature shape at the back. The selfie camera is 25MP. The Mate 20 comes with a 3D face ID sensor. It has either 4GB or 6GB of RAM variants both with 128GB internal storage. This can be expanded up to 256GB via Huawei’s own technology – the Nano Memory (NM) card. Other notable features of this device include an Infrared port, a fingerprint scanner and a 4000mAh battery. On this page, you will find the price of Huawei Mate 20 in Kenya and its specifications.
The Key Features Of The Mate 20
- 6.53 inch display, 1080 pixels x 2244 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie
- Octa Core 2.6GHz Processor, HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset
- 4/6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, Nano memory card up to 256(uses SIM slot)
- Back camera: Triple: 12MP (f/1.8, 27mm) + 16MP (f/2.2, 17mm) + 8MP (f/2.4, 52mm-telephoto), dual-LED dual-tone flash, Leica Optics, panorama, HDR, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS) & 720p@960fps video recording
- Front camera: 25MP, HDR, 26mm-wide, 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB 3.1, Infrared, NFC
- Sensors: 3D Face ID, fingerprint (rear), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 4000mAh battery
Huawei Mate 20 Price In Kenya
Huawei Mate 20 Pros & Cons
- Big 6.53 inch FHD display – You will have a good viewing experience while watching videos, browsing and playing games. This display is HDR10 compliant.
- Impressive cameras – This phone has AI powered triple camera lenses from Leica Optics on the rear. The selfie camera is 25MP and can take wide-angle selfies & videos.
- 6GB of RAM – This is a relatively big RAM space by industry standard. This allows for smooth running of apps while user is multitasking.
- Huge 128GB on-board storage – This is plenty of space to save up lots of multimedia files. You can save high-end 3D gaming apps, 4K videos and any other large files that you wish to have in your smartphone.
- Memory card support – Storage can be expanded up to 256GB via the NM card slot.
- Dual SIM – This phone allows you to use 2 SIM cards at the same time on stand-by.
- 4G LTE network support – This network technology offers superior internet connection speeds than 2G & 3G networks. You will also enjoy very clear voice calls over 4G networks (VoLTE).
- Stunning body design – The notch on this phone is less chunky. The teardrop shape notch takes up minimum front space. It is an elongated display. This phone is 8.3mm thick. The Mate 20 is an phone to carry around.
- IP53 rated – The phone is dust and splash resistant.
- Huge battery – This phone is powered by a 4000mAh battery supporting fast charging technology. You can get 58% of charge in just 30 minutes.
- 3D face ID scanner – The phone can scan your face and unlock in less than one second.
- Wi-Fi enabled – You can connect to Wi-Fi networks around you. You can also allow other phones and Wi-Fi enabled devices to use your phone’s internet connection by setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Bluetooth enabled – This feature offers a free and convenient way of wirelessly connecting to other devices. This allows sharing of files.
- Has Infrared bluster – The bluster lets the user control different devices as well as share files.
- Has 3.5mm audio connector.
- Powered by Kirin 980 chipset – This is a powerful flagship grade chipset.
- Android v9.0 Pie – This is the latest version of Android with a few new features that were not available in the earlier versions.
- NFC connectivity – This technology lets the user make secured instant wireless payments. It turns the device into an e-wallet. You can also use NFC to share files.
- Non-removable battery.
- Hybrid slot – The NM card and SIM 2 share the same slot – they cannot be used simultaneously.
- No FM radio
- The phone is IP53 rated against water splash. It will be damaged when submerged in water.
Huawei Mate 20 Specifications
|Dimensions||158.2mm x 77.2mm x 8.3mm|
|Body Material||Glass body, Aluminum frame|
|Extras||IP53 certified - dust & splash protection|
|Size||6.53 inch, (88.0% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 pixels x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio, 381PPI|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Operating System||Android v9.0 Pie|
|Chipset||HiSilicon Kirin 980|
|Processor||Octa-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)|
|Card Slot||Yes, up to 256GB-hybrid slot|
|Back||Tripple: 12 Megapixels + 16 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.8, 27mm (12MP), f/2.2, 17mm (16MP), f/2.4, 52mm-telephoto (8MP), dual-LED dual-tone flash, Leica Optics, panorama, HDR, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS) & 720p@960fps video recording|
|Features||f/2.0, HDR, autofocus, 1080p|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|USB||v3.1, Type-C 1.0|