Infinix Smart 2 is the latest entry-level smartphone from infinix, released in July, 2018. It’s the first phone from the Chinese phone maker running on Android Oreo: GO Edition. This phone features a 5.5 inch display with HD resolution. The Smart 2 has the trendy 18:9 aspect ratio. In the camera department, this phone has a 13MP rear camera that is accompanied by an LED flash and several other features that help it capture high quality images and videos. The selfie camera is 8MP and it is accompanied by a dual-LED flash as well. Smart 2 is a dual SIM phone with 4G LTE network support – something that was missing in the 2017 model, the Infinix Smart. Another major highlight of the Infinix Smart 2 is the facial recognition technology. In addition, this smartphone has a fingerprint scanner at the back. This mobile phone has 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage space and it is powered by a 3050mAh battery. This webpage provides the price of Infinix Smart 2 in Kenya and its specifications.
The Key Features Of The Smart 2
- 5.5 inch display, 720 pixels x 1440 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v8.1 Oreo; GO Edition
- Quad-Core 1.5GHz processor, Mediatek MT6739 chipset
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, MicroSD card up to 128GB
- Back camera: 13MP, LED flash, autofocus, panorama, geo-tagging, touch focus, HDR, face recognition & video recording
- Front camera: 8MP, dual-LED flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio, microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Face ID, fingerprint(rear), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 3050mAh battery
Infinix Smart Price In Kenya
|Phone Place|| KSh9,600.00 |
|Phone Store|| KSh9,900.00 |
|Phone Point|| KSh9,500.00 |
Infinix Smart 2 Advantages & Disadvantages
- Runs on Android Oreo: GO Edition – This is a stripped down version of Android Oreo OS that is optimized for devices with 1GB of RAM or less like Infinix Smart 2.
- Supports a dual-SIM. This allows the use of 2 different SIM cards on the phone (dual-standby).
- 4G LTE network connectivity – Both SIM cards can connect to 4G networks bands in Kenya.
- Face ID unlock & fingerprint sensor – This phone has two security features, just like Infinix Hot 6 Pro. This is a huge attraction to this low budget phone.
- 5.5 inch HD display – This is a good display that offers HD viewing experience
- MicroSD card slot – The Smart 2 has a dedicated microSD card slot that allows storage expansion up to 128GB.
- Decent cameras – Considering this phone’s price is under 10K, the 13MP & 8MP camera lenses are impressive. Both are accompanied by an LED flash.
- Wi-Fi support – This phone can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots in your surroundings.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – The phone can connect several other devices to the internet by setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Bluetooth v4.0 support – This allows your phone to connect to other devices so that you can share files and apps.
- The phone comes with the traditional 3.5mm headphone jack. This allows you to connect to external audio devices like a wired earpiece.
- Non-removable battery – This means it is difficult to replace the battery.
- Plastic body material- The phone comes in a plastic body. Plastic is less durable than metal.
Infinix Smart 2 Specifications
|Body Material||plastic body|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio, (268PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo; GO Edition|
|Chipset||Mediatek MT6739 chipset|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, upto 128GB(dedicated slot)|
|Features||LED flash, autofocus, panorama, geo-tagging, touch focus, HDR, face recognition & video recording|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v4.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|