The long awaited iPhone 7 is now available in Kenya. Apple’s iPhone 7 brings features that we never seen before in smartphones. Although the iPhone 7 is similar to the iPhone 6 in terms of appearance, it delivers a unique experience; an experience that you will not get from iPhone 6 and other iPhones.
iPhone 7 Key Specs
- 5.5 inches display
- iOS 10.0.1- upgradable to v11.2
- Apple Vision Chipset
- 3GB RAM
- 12MP back camera
- 7MP front camera
- 2900mAh battery
iPhone 7 Price In Kenya
iPhone 7 Specifications review
Design & display
If you have used the iPhone 6S or the iPhone 6, you will instantly feel at home when you get the iPhone 7. This is because these phones are very similar in terms of looks. This smartphone’s body is metallic. It is smooth but not slippery.
This phone does not have a headphone socket. If you have wired headphones, you will have to connect them through an adapter that comes with the phone. The adapter is plugged into the charging port. This means that you will not be able to listen to music while charging your phone. You can also use wireless headphones to listen to the music on your phone.
Apple launched wireless headphones known as AirPods on the day when the iPhone 7 was launched. They are sold separately. These headphones are pricey.
The home button is different from the buttons found on other iPhones. It can’t be pressed. It is a capacitive button; this means that it works just like the display.
The 4.7 inch screen o the iPhone 7 has a resolution of 1334 x 750. This resolution is the same as the resolution of the screen found on iPhone 6s. Its pixel density is 326ppi. The screen is sharp. It display images with amazing detail.
iPhone 7 Hardware & Software
This is one of the most powerful phones in the world right now. Although it has only 2GB RAM, its performance can’t be compared with the performance of average phones that have 2GB of RAM. This smartphone has a quadcore processor. This is the first time Apple is using a quadcore processor.
This phone runs on Apple’s latest mobile OS, the iOS 10.
Don’t be fooled by the megapixel count of the cameras on the iPhone 7. The cameras are astonishing. The images captured by the rear camera have remarkable detail. This camera performs very in low light conditions than the camera on the iPhone 6S and the one on Samsung Galaxy S7. The camera can shoot 1080p or 4K videos.
The iPhone 7 is powered by a 2900mAh battery. You can get up to 21 hours of 3G talk time. This battery can easily take you through the day when you are performing basic tasks on your phone such as listening to music, making calls, browsing and sending texts.
The technical specifications of the iPhone 7
- Dimensions: 138.3mmx67.1mmx 7.1mm
- Weight: 138G
- SIM type: Nano-SIM
- Type: IPS LCD, 16M colors
- Size: 4.7 inch
- Resolution: 750×1334 pixels
- Pixel density: 326ppi
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass & oleophobic coating
- Operating system: iOS 10.0.1, upgradable-to iOS 10.0.2
- Chipset: Apple A10 Fusion
- GPU: Six-Core graphics
- CPU: Quadcore
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal: 32GB/128GB/264GB
- Micro SD slot: No
- Back: 12MP, f/1.8,28mm, Autofocus, Phase detection, Dual tone LED flash, OIS
- Features: Geo-tagging, face/smile detection, touch focus, HDR
- Video: 720p@240fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 2160p@30fps
- Secondary: 7 MP, f/2.2,32mm, 720p@240fps, 1080p@30fps, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Alert types: Proprietary ringtones, vibration
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- 3.5mm jack: No.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot, dual band
- Bluetooth: v4.2,A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS,GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: v2.0,reversible connector
- SMS (thread view)
- Push email
- Water resistance
- Browser: HTML 5
- Music player: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
- Video player: MP4/H.264 player
- Audio editor
- Photo editor
- Video editor
- Document editor
- Type: Li-ion, non-removable
- Capacity: 2900mAh
- Talk-time: Up to 14hrs (3G)
- Music play time: up to 40hrs