Samsung Galaxy A10 is an affordable phone from the Korean tech giant that comes with a 6.2-inch display with 720p x 1520p resolution. This phone was announced at the 2019 MWC, along with the Samsung Galaxy A30 and A50. It has an Infinity notched display, dubbed Infinity V. It runs on the latest Android major release, v9.0 pie and is powered by the entry-level Exynos 7884 chipset paired with 2GB of RAM. It has a single 13MP camera on the rear and a 5MP front-facing camera. This phone does not come with a fingerprint sensor and does not have the face ID scanner. It is powered by a 3400mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A10 Price In Kenya
Price of the A10 is about KSh. 12,000 in Kenya for the 2GB RAM, 32GB onboard storage variant. It is available in 3 colors: Red, Black, and Blue.
Feel free to take a look at all Samsung Galaxy phones in Kenya.
Key Features Of Samsung A10
- 6.2-inch display, 720 pixels x 1520 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie
- Octa Core 1.6Ghz Processor, Exynos 7884 chipset
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, MicroSD card up to 1TB
- Back camera: Single: 13MP, f/1.9, LED flash, HDR, panorama, AF & 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: Single: 5MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 3400mAh battery
Pros & Cons
The A10 and other Galaxy A phones show Samsung’s attempt to take get a share of the budget phone market which is heavily dominated by Chinese companies like Huawei, Tecno, Xiaomi and Infinix. Is the Samsung A10 worth it? Does it compete effectively with other phones in its price range? Here are its pros and cons:
- Nice display and design – The A10 can easily be described as a good-looking smartphone. Its Infinix V display plays a major role as far as its good looks are concerned. It has very thin bezels, the 720 display covers most of the front area.
- Latest Android OS – This phone runs on the latest version of the Android operating system, v9.0 Pie. We have seen many budget phones released in 2019 that come with Android Oreo (like the Infinix Hot 7).
- Dedicated microSD slot – A lot of phones comes with hybrid micro SD slots. This means that you have to choose between using the second SIM and a memory card. This phone has a separate slot for SIM 2. You don’t have to choose between the two.
- 3.5mm audio port available: This allows you to use your wired earphones. You can also connect your device to audio devices with the 3.5mm connector.
- Entry level chipset – This smartphone powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7884. This should not be the phone of choice if you are planning to run heavy apps or if you want to use it for resource-demanding activities such as heavy gaming.
- 2GB of RAM is not impressive – Most phones at the same price point launched in 2019 have at least 3GB of RAM.
- Underwhelming cameras – This phone has a single 13MP camera at the back and a 5MP front-facing camera. This makes it inferior (camera-wise) to other phones in its price range that have dual cameras with a higher megapixel count.
- No fingerprint and face ID scanners: Almost all phones below KSh 20,000 come with at least one of these scanners. These scanners are available even in smartphones below 10K.
|2G||Yes: GSM 850/ 900/ 1800 /1900|
|3G||Yes: HSDPA 850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100|
|4G||Yes: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900),|
20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
|Dimensions||155.6mm x 75.6mm x 7.9mm|
|Body Material||Front glass, plastic body|
|Size||6.2 inch, (81.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||720 pixels x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio, (271PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v9.0 Pie|
|Processor||Octa-core (2x1.6 GHz & 6x1.35 GHz)|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 1TB (dedicated slot)|
|Features|| LED flash, f/2.0, 28mm wide, panorama, AF, HDR|
Video : 1080p@30fps
|Features||LED flash, f/2.0|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|COLORS||Red, Black, Blue|