Samsung Galaxy A50 is the best of the three Samsung Galaxy A series phones released by Samsung during the Mobile World Congress 2019. The other two are Samsung Galaxy A10 and Samsung Galaxy A30. This phone is eye-catching. It comes with a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p x 2340p screen resolution. It runs on Android v9.0 Pie out of the box. At its heart, there is Samsung’s Exynos 9610 processor paired with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM. The 4GB variant has 64GB internal storage space while the 6GB RAM variant has 128GB internal storage space. The highlight of the Galaxy A50 are its cameras. It has triple 25MP + 8MP + 5MP cameras on the rear and a single 25MP front facing camera. Like the recently released S series phones i.e. Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus and S10e, it comes with an under-display fingerprint scanner. The A50 is powered by a 4000mAh battery. It is available in 4 colors: Blue, Black, Coral and White.
Feel free to check out the latest Samsung phones in Kenya.
Key features of the Galaxy A50
- 6.4-inch display, 1080 pixels x 2340 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie
- Octa-core (4×2.3GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6GHz Cortex-A53) Processor, Exynos 9610 chipset
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage, MicroSD card up to 512GB
- Back camera: Triple: 25MP (f/1.7) + 8MP, f/2.2 + 5MP f/2.2, LED flash, HDR, panorama, PDAF & 1080p@30fps, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: 25MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display), accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 4000mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy A50 Price In Kenya
Price of this phone is expected to start at KSh. 28,500 for the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM variant. Prices will be updated as soon as it is officially launched in the country.
|Where To Buy|
Samsung Galaxy A50 Pros & Cons
- Fantastic display – This phone comes with a 1080p display that covers most of the front area. This has been achieved by very thin bezels on the sides and a small V shaped notch. Samsung calls thins type of display an “Infinity V display”.
- Striking design – Despite the fact that it’s back has been made from plastic, it looks premium. The back cover has a coating that makes it pretty striking.
- Fast charging support – The phone’s massive 4000mAh battery supports 15W fast charging. This basically means that it can be recharged faster than an average phone with the same battery size.
- IP68 rated – The Galaxy A50 can survive for up to 30 minutes in 1m of water. With this phone., you will not have to worry much about dust as well.
- Impressive camera profile – It is an awesome camera phone. It has a total of four cameras, three at the back and one at the front. At the back, there is a 25MP main sensor that can capture quality images in low light areas, and 8MP ultra-wide lens and 5MP depth sensor. On the front side, there is a single 25MP lens.
- Powerful performance specs – Exynos 9610 is not one of the most powerful processors out there, but it is pretty good chipset for a phones in Samsung Galaxy A50 price range. It is paired with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM. This is a powerful combination that will allow you to multitask as well play a host of games without lagging.
- Under display fingerprint scanner – This seemed like one of those features that were reserved for high end phones, the likes of Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, Galaxy S10, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, OnePlus 6T, Oppo R17 Pro etc. You get an under-display sensor in the Samsung A50.
- Plastic Body – Despite the fact that it looks good, the Galaxy M50 body is made from plastic.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications
|2G||Yes: GSM 850/ 900/ 1800 /1900|
|3G||Yes: HSDPA 850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100|
|4G||Yes: LTE bands 1(2100), 3(1800),5(850), 7(2600), 8(900),20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300),41(2500)|
|Dimensions||158.5mm x 74.5mm x 7.7mm|
|Body Material||Plastic, front glass|
|Size||6.4 inch, (84.9% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 pixels x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio(403PPI)|
|Protection||IP68 water/dust resistant|
|Operating System||Android v9.0 Pie|
|Processor||Octa-core (4x2.3GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.6GHz Cortex-A53)|
|RAM||4GB or 6GB|
|Internal Storage||64GB or 128GB|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 512GB (dedicated slot)|
|Back||Triple 25MP (f/1.7,PDAF) + 8MP (f2.2) + 5MP (f/2.2)|
|Features|| LED flash, HDR, Panorama |
|Front||Single 25MP (f/2.0)|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|USB||2.0, Type C 1.0|
15W fast battery charging
|COLORS||White, Black, Blue|