Updated On by
Samsung Galaxy M10 is one of the phones in the new Samsung’s M series line-up announced alongside the Samsung Galaxy M20 and the Samsung Galaxy M30. They are the first devices from Samsung with the notch display design. The M10 packs a 6.3 inch HD display with a water-drop shaped notch that houses the 5MP front camera. It has a dual rear camera system that consists of a 13MP lens and a 5MP lens. This phone comes with Exynos 7872 chipset and it has 2GB and 3GB RAM variants paired with 16GB & 32GB internal storage space respectively. Other highlights of this phone include a 3400mAh battery and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Samsung Galaxy M10 Price In Kenya
Price of this phone is KSh. 15,000 for the 3GB RAM, 32GB onboard storage variant. It is available in two colors, Ocean Blue and Charcoal Black.
Key Features Of The Samsung M10
- 6.3 inches display
- Exynos 7872 CPU
- 2/3GB RAM
- 16/32GB onboard storage
- Dual rear camera (13MP + 5MP)
- Single front camera (5MP)
- 3400mAh battery
- Dual Nano SIM
The Samsung Galaxy M10 is one of Samsung’s new budget phones
The Kenyan budget phone segment has been dominated by Chinese phone makers i.e. Tecno, Huawei and Infinix over the past few years. Samsung has been struggling to compete with these brands because they have been giving customers phones with very attractive specifications and price tags. Samsung budget phones on the other hand were characterized by poor battery life, weak processor and cheap looking plastic bodies. However, Samsung has decided to change its game in 2019. The new Samsung Galaxy M series shows just how serious Samsung is about the budget market.
Last year, Samsung gave its customers a few budget phones, including the Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus, Galaxy J6 Plus, and the Galaxy J8 Plus. However, in a
This phone comes with a V shaped notch and Dual lens cameras at the back. M series phones are the first phones from Samsung that break the traditional Samsung look. This phone looks modern: it looks better than all budget phones made by the Korean based tech company last year. It has Exynos 7870 CPU and is powered by a 3400mAh battery.
It will be interesting to see how Samsung Galaxy M10 competes with other phones with similar price tags released in 2019.
Pros & Cons
- Big display – The 6.3-inch display renders HD images with a good level of brightness.
- Dual SIM support.
- Supports 4G LTE – You will enjoy fast 4G upload and download speeds.
- MicroSD card supported – You can expand storage space up to 512GB using a memory card.
- Decent battery capacity – The M10 is powered by a 3400mAh battery which can power it for a long time on a single charge.
- Has fingerprint scanner – The scanner is well placed at the back. It allows the user to unlock the device quickly.
- Decent cameras – The phone features dual rear camera consisting of a 13MP & 5MP lens. You can shoot 1080p@30fps videos using the rear camera. The selfie camera is 5MP and can also shoot 1080p@30fps videos.
- Elegant body design – The M10 features a tall display with thin bezel areas and tiny notch cutout that helps to create maximum screen area at the front. The body of the Samsung Galaxy M10 is only 7.7mm thick, something which further helps to make it an easy phone to handle and operate in one hand.
- Does not support fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy M10 Full Phone Specifications
|2G||Yes, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G||Yes, HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100|
|4G||Yes, LTE band 1(2100)/3(1800)/5(850)/ 7(2600)/ 8(900)/|
|Dimensions||155.6 x 75.6 x 7.7mm|
|Size||6.3 inch, (81.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||720 pixels x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio, (271PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo|
|Chipset||Exynos 7872 Hexa|
|Processor||Hexa-core (4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x2.0 GHz Cortex-A73)|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 512GB-dedicated slot|
|Back||Dual: 13 Megapixels + 5 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.9, PDAF (13MP) + f/2.2, depth sensor (5MP), LED flash, panorama, HDR & 1080p@30fps video recording|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Music play time||-|