Samsung Galaxy S10 was launched to mark the 10nth anniversary of the Galaxy line of smartphones. This phone comes with an impressive Infinity O display with a fingerprint scanner underneath it. It the successor to the Samsung Galaxy S9. Samsung S10 features a big 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED display with quad HD resolution. It has a punch-hole camera at the front (like the Samsung Galaxy A8s) and triple rear camera set-up. The front camera is 10MP. It runs on Android Pie and has Snapdragon 855 chipset. The S10 comes with a 3400mAh battery and has 8GB of RAM with either 128GB or 512GB onboard storage space.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Price In Kenya
Price of the Galaxy S10 is around KSh. 72,000 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM variant. Six color options are available: Prism Black, Prism White, Prism Blue, Prism Green, Flamingo Pink, and Canary Yellow.
Key Features Of The Samsung S10
- 6.1 inches display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 CPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128/256GB onboard storage
- Triple rear camera (12MP + 12MP + 16MP)
- Single front camera (10MP)
- 3400mAh battery
- Dual Nano SIM (hybrid slot)
The Galaxy S10 borrows a lot from the Samsung Galaxy S9. However, there are a few enhancements that make it better than its predecessor. The punch hole camera is obviously one of the notable differences you can’t miss when you take a look at the S10.
This smartphone has a thin aluminum frame that is well sandwiched between glass surfaces. There is a small narrow bump at the back that houses the triple rear lenses and the LED flash. There are several back colors to choose including Prism Black, Prism White, Prism Blue, Prism Green, Flamingo Pink, and Canary Yellow. The S10 measures 149.9mm x 70.4mm x 7.8mm. Despite being a big screen phone, its size makes it an easy phone to hold in one hand. The curved edges also further help it fit well in one hand.
Like the S9, this phone comes with a fingerprint scanner. However, this time the scanner is hidden under the display. This is an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. This sensor utilizes Qualcomm backed technology that helps it to take a 3D scan of your fingerprint. It makes your phone more secure and also allows you to scan your finger even when it is wet or cold. This sensor makes your phone more secure than capacitive scanners found in older phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S8, LG G6, HTC U11, etc. However, you have to be more precise when placing your finger whenever you want to unlock the S10. You also need to apply some pressure to make it work.
Samsung displays have always been impressive. The screen on the Samsung Galaxy S10 is no different. This smartphone comes with a 6.1 inches Super AMOLED display with 19:9 aspect ratio. The display is so good, it has been named the most color accurate screen ever.
The display has elegantly curved edges that help to facilitate a better grip and to enhance appearance. HDR10+ support makes it have amazing contrast and colors even when the phone is in use outdoors under direct sunlight. Samsung successfully avoided the notch in this phone. Instead of having a notch like the iPhone XS and many other phones released last year, this phone has a laser cut hole that houses the front camera at the right-hand side corner. This punch hole is no doubt less distracting. In fact, the bottom bezel is more can distract you more than the punch-hole. The punch-hole design also helped Samsung to achieve a 93.1% screen to body ratio.
The Galaxy S10 has powerful internals. It is a proper upgrade of the Samsung Galaxy S9. This smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset paired with 8GB of RAM. Well, Snapdragon 855 is currently one of the most powerful chipsets. 8GB of RAM is a welcome upgrade from the 4GB of RAM you get in the Galaxy S9. There are two storage options, 512GB and 128GB. It has a hybrid slot that you can use to expand storage space if you need to.
With this phone, you can capture quality images at any angle. This is because it comes with a triple lens camera on the rear. The camera consists of a 12 megapixels regular lens, a 12 megapixels telephoto lens (with optical zoom) and a 16 megapixels ultra-wide lens. This camera makes the S10 one of the best camera phones in Kenya that money can buy right now. You should expect good quality photo even in low light environments.
Samsung Galaxy S10 has a 10MP front facing camera.
This smartphone is powered by a 3400mAh battery. This is an upgrade over the Galaxy S9’s 3000mAh battery. However, this phone S10 has the same battery life as the S9 because of the small increase in display size. The Galaxy S10 supports wireless charging.
This phone also comes with Samsung’s new Wireless PowerShare technology. This tech allows you to use the S10 to charge other devices that support wireless charging. You have to put the devices that you want to charge on the rear side of the Galaxy S10 to charge them. Charging devices this way is slow, but can be really helpful when someone is in desperate need of power yet there are no obvious power sources around.
|2G||Yes - GSM 850/900/1800/1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G||Yes - HSDPA 850/900/1700(AWS)/1900/2100|
|4G||Yes - LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), |
12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700),
32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
|Dimensions||149.9mm x 70.4mm x 7.8mm|
|Body Material||Aluminum frame, Front/back glass(Gorilla Glass 9)|
|SIM||Nano SIM, single SIM or Dual Hybrid|
|Extras||-IP68 certified for dust & water proof-up to 1.5m for 30minutes|
|Size||6.1 inch (88.3% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1440 pixels x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio , (550PPI)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 6|
|Operating System||Android v9.0 Pie; One UI|
|Chipset||Exynos 9820 Octa|
|Processor||Octa-core (2x2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2x2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4x1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 1000GB (hybrid slot)|
|Back||Triple: 12 Megapixels + 12 Megapixels +16 Megapixels|
|Features||12MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm-wide, Dual-Pixel PDAF, OIS), 12MP (f/2.4, 52mm-telephoto, AF, OIS, 2X optical zoom) 16 (f/2.2, 12mm-ultrawide), LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama, 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps & 20p@960fps video recording|
|Features||10MP, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF, Dual video call, Auto-HDR, 2160p@30fps & 1080p@30fps|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
Fast battery charging 15W
Fast wireless charging 15W
Reverse wireless charging 9W
|COLORS||Prism Green, Prism Blue, Prism White, Pink, Cardinal Red, Prism Black & Canary Yellow|
Pros & Cons
- Big display size – The 6.1 inch quad HD AMOLED panel gives high quality images with superb brightness. With this phone, you will always enjoy watching your videos watching, gaming and any other activity that requires some on-screen time.
- 4G support – You will enjoy super fast connections to the internet with the S10. 4G is faster than 3G or 2G.
- Twin SIM support – The device can accommodate 2 SIM cards at the same time on dual standby.
- Huge RAM – This device comes with 8GB of RAM. With this smartphone, you can expect to multitask without any issues.
- Has flagship grade SoC – The Exynos 9820 Octa is Samsung’s flagship chipset. It is the most powerful chipset made by the Korean company by the time this phone was released. It is also power efficient.
- Huge internal storage space – The S10 device comes with a 512GB onboard storage space. A 128GB internal storage variant is also available.
- MicroSD card slot – The slot can accommodate microSD cards with a maximum space of 1000GB.
- GPS support.
- Decent battery capacity with fast charging support – This unit is powered by a 3400mAh battery that supports fast charging.
- Wireless charging support.
- Elegant body design – This phone has a tall display with a punch-hole camera that eliminates the need for what some people regard as the “ugly notch’. The aluminum frame and Gorilla Glass 6 panels make it look premium.
- Quality camera module – Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with an impressive camera profile that makes it one of the best camera phones that money can buy in 2019. The rear camera can shoot 4K videos while the 10MP selfie camera can shoot 2160p videos.
- Runs on Android Pie – This is the latest version of Android that comes with new and improved features.
- Has a fingerprint sensor – The scanner is placed underneath the display and can easily be reached whenever you want to unlock the device.
- NFC connectivity – The feature facilitates secured wireless connection at close range. It can be used to share files and make instant payments.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Wi-Fi enabled – You can create a Wi-Fi hotspot that other devices can use to connect to the internet. This phone can also connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Has 3.5mm headphone jack – This flagship still comes with the 3.5mm audio connector that you can always use to listen to music or any other audio file.
- Water & dust resistant – The device can’t be damaged easily by water or be clogged by dust particles. The body is IP68 rated for water and dust resistance.
- Reverse wireless charging – This technology lets you recharge other devices wirelessly by using the S10 as a power bank.
- Has FM radio receiver.
- Hybrid slot – You have to choose between having the microSD card or SIM 2. You can’t use both at the same time.