Updated On by
Xiaomi Mi Play was announced in
Xiaomi Mi Play Price In Kenya
Price of the Mi Play In Kenya is expected to start at KSh. 16,000. Prices will be updated as soon as is available in the country
|Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones|
The Key Features Of The Mi Play
- 5.84 inch display, 1080 pixels x 2280 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie
- Octa Core 2.3GHz Processor, Mediatek Helio P35 chipset
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, microSD card up to 256GB
- Back camera: Dual: 12MP (f/2.2, PDAF) + depth sensor camera, LED flash, HDR, panorama & 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: 8MP, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint(rear), accelerometer, proximity, compass, gyroscope
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 3000mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi Play Pros & Cons
- Big full HD display – The Mi Play features a 5.84 inch tall display with 1080p resolution. It gives the user a pleasurable viewing experience when gaming, browsing or watching videos.
- Dual SIM support
- Has 4G network – You can connecct to 4G networks offered by Safaricom, Telkom and other mobile providers in Kenya. This allows you to enjoy fast upload and download speeds. You can also make quality voice calls over 4G networks (VoLTE).
- 4GB of RAM – This is a relatively big RAM which ensures seamless performance when you have several apps running at the same time.
- 64GB internal storage – You can store more files in your phone without worrying about running out of space.
- Runs on Android v9.0 Pie – This is the newest version of the Android Operating System with new security features and more advanced features.
- MicroSD card slot is available – This slot allows you expand internal storage depending on your needs (up to 256GB).
- GPS enabled – This will help you you explore different places that you are interested in and get accurate geographical information. It may be particularly helpful when you are looking for services and facilities like hotels or when you want to track your routes when hiking or traveling.
- Bluetooth enabled – The user can connect wirelessly to other devices to share files and the phone’s internet connection.
- Has 3.5mm jack connector – The connector lets you listen to music or take calls through wired headphones.
- Powered by Mediatek P35 chipset – This is a mid-range chipset with fast processing speeds of up to 2.3GHz. It is also energy efficient.
- Wi-Fi enabled – You can connect to Wi-Fi hotspot to access the internet. Xiaomi Mi Play can also be used to set-up a hotspot that other devices can use to connect to the internet.
- Has fingerprint sensor – The sensor is placed at the back and allows you to unlock the device quickly by scanning you finger.
- Hybrid slot – The second SIM and the microSD card share a slot and thus cannot be used simultaneously.
- Non-removable battery
- No FM radio
- No NFC
Xiaomi Mi Play Specifications
|Dimensions||147.8mm x 71.9mm x 7.8mm|
|Size||5.84 inch, (80.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 pixels x 2280 pixels, 19:9 aspect, (432PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v9.0 Pie|
|Chipset||Mediatek Helio P35|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.3GHz Cortex-A53|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 256GB-uses SIM 2 slot|
|Back||Dual: 12 Megapixels + depth sensor camera|
|Features||f/2.2, PDAF, depth sensor camera, LED flash, HDR, panorama & 1080p@30fps video recording|
|Features||f/2.0, HDR, 1080p@30fps|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|Music play time||-|