Xiaomi Redmi Go is the first ever Android Go based smartphone from the Chinese technology company. The Redmi Go joins several other Android Go devices available in Kenya including the Nokia 1, Samsung J2 Core & Tecno Spark 2. The phone features a 5.0 inch display with HD resolution and it is powered by Snapdragon 425 chipset coupled with 1GB of RAM. It packs a single 8MP rear camera accompanied by an LED flash, while the selfie camera is 5MP. This phone has 8GB internal storage space that can be expanded via a microSD card. The Redmi Go has a 3000mAh battery. This page provides the price of Xiaomi Redmi Go in Kenya and its specs.
The Key Features Of The Redmi Go
- 5.0 inch display, 720 pixels x 1280 pixels resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio
- OS: Android v8.1 Oreo; GO Edition
- Quad-core 1.4GHz Processor, Snapdragon 425 chipset
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, microSD card up to 128GB
- Back camera: 8MP, f/2.0, AF, LED flash, HDR, 720p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: 5MP, f/2.2
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio, microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 3000mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Go Price In Kenya
Price of the Redmi GO in Kenya is expected to start at KSh. 7500. Price will be updated as soon as it is available in the country.
Xiaomi Redmi Go Pros & Cons
- Has 4G network – 4G allows high upload and download speeds and is more reliable than 2G & 3G networks. This is one of the cheapest 4G smartphones you can buy.
- Dual SIM support – You can use a Safaricom SIM and an Airtel Or Telkom SIM card on your phone at the same time. This makes it possible for you to enjoy offers from different networks.
- Operated by Android Go – This is tweaked Android OS version that is designed for phone with 1GB RAM or less. It makes them perform optimally.
- Decent battery capacity – Redmi Go is powered by a 3000mAh battery. This can easily power the 5.0 inch display phone for a full day on single charge.
- Has HD display – The 5.0 inch display has 720p HD resolution with good image reproduction and decent brightness. Most phones in its price range don’t have HD displays.
- Wi-Fi enabled – The user can connect to Wi-Fi hotspot available and can also configure the Redmi Go to create a Hotspot for other devices.
- Has FM radio – You can tune in and listen to your favorite FM station.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- GPS enabled – The feature allows the user explore or navigate any place on earth easily with the help of his/her phone.
- Has 3.5mm headphone jack – You can connect your headphones to listen to music or receive phone calls.
- Has microSD card slot – This slot has been designed to accommodate microSD cards with additional space of up to 128GB.
- Decent camera profile – The phone comes with an 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera for selfies.
- Has only 8GB on-board space with nearly half of it taken up by the operating system and pre-installed apps.
- No fingerprint scanner.
Xiaomi Redmi Go Specifications
|2G||Yes, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G||Yes, HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100|
|4G||Yes, LTE band 1(2100)/3(1800)/5(850)/7(2600)/8(900)/20(800)/38(2600)/40(2300)/41(2500)|
|Dimensions||140.4mm x 70.1mm x 8.4mm|
|Size||5.0 inch, (70.0% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||720 pixels x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio, (294PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo; Go Edition|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 128GB-dedicated slot|
|Features||f/2.0, AF, LED flash, HDR, 720p@30fps video recording|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v4.1, A2DP, EDR, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Music play time||-|