Updated On by
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is the successor to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. This phone packs a 6.23-inch display with 1080p resolution. It is powered by Snapdragon 636 chipset and runs on Android Oreo out of the package. The Note 6 Pro comes has three variants: 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM, 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM. It has a hybrid microSD card slot that can be used to expand storage. This phone has 4 cameras, two at the front and two at the back. At the front, you get a 20MP camera and a 2MP camera. At the back, there is a 12MP lens and a 5MP lens. The rear camera can shoot 4K videos. This phone is powered by a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Price In Kenya
The Key Features Of The Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 6.23-inch display, 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v8.1 Oreo
- Octa Core GHz Processor, Snapdragon 636 chipset
- 3/4/6GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage, MicroSD card up to 256GB
- Back camera: 12MP (f/1.9, dual pixel PDAF) + 5MP (f/2.0, depth sensor), LED flash, HDR, panorama & 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: 20MP (f/2.0) + 2MP (depth sensor), HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared, microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 4000mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros & Cons
- Big 6.23 inch display – This offers a good viewing experience when browsing, watching videos and texting. The 1080p display is clear and vibrant.
- Quality cameras – The phone packs a powerful selfie camera system that can take 1080p videos. At the back, there is a 12MP lens with an f/1.9 aperture and a 5MP lens that helps you to enjoy Bokeh effect.
- Dual SIM – You can have two different SIM cards in the same device. The dual standby feature enables the user to receive or make calls using either of the two SIM cards.
- 4G support – 4G networks offer faster download and upload speeds than 2G and 3G. You will also enjoy clearer calls on 4G.
- Bluetooth enabled – The feature allows wireless sharing of files with other devices that are within this phone’s range. Bluetooth also allows you to play music via Bluetooth enabled audio devices.
- Big battery capacity – The 4000mAh battery is big enough to keep the phone powered for a long time on moderate or heavy use.
- 6GB RAM – This is a huge RAM that helps to ensure that all apps run in your phone smoothly. You should expect a smooth experience when playing your games on this smartphone. This phone has a cheaper 4GB RAM variant.
- 64GB internal storage – This is more than enough storage space for most people. There is a cheaper 32GB variant.
- MicroSD card slot available – The phone’s storage can be expanded up to 256GB via the microSD card slot.
- GPS enabled – You can explore different places of interest using your phone. One can get direction, distances and best routes using this GPS enabled phone.
- Has 3.5mm port – You can connect a wired earpiece or any other audio device to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Thin body and a tall display – This trendy design has minimal bezel area which helps to improve the phone’s appearance. This design also makes one-handed use easier.
- Powered by Snapdragon 636 chipset. This is a power efficient mid-range chipset that allows the user to multitask without experiencing any lagging.
- Infrared port – This port allows you to share files.
- Wi-Fi enabled – The user can connect to Wi-Fi networks. You can also set-up a Wi-Fi hotspot to share your internet connection with other devices.
- Hybrid SIM 2 slot – The user cannot use a microSD card and the second SIM 2 simultaneously.
- No fast charging technology to refill the 4000mAh battery fast.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications
|Dimensions||157.9mm x 76.4mm x 8.2mm|
|Body Material||Plastic body|
|SIM||Dual Nano SIM|
|Size||6.26 inches-(81.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors|
|Resolution||1080 pixels x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (403PPI)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo|
|Processor||Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 256GB(uses SIM 2 lot)|
|Back||Dual: 12 Megapixels + 5 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.9, dual pixel PDAF (12MP), f/2.0, depth sensor (5MP), LED flash, HDR, panorama & 2160p@30fps video recording|
|Front||Dual: 20 Megapixels + 2 Megapixels|
|Features||f/2.0 (20MP), depth sensor (2MP), HDR, 1080p@30fps|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS|